The mission of AIF is to disrupt poverty and catalyze social and economic change in India.
Our vision is what guides every aspect of our work by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth. AIF’s vision is to
- Contribute to building an India where all people can gain access to affordable education, health care and livelihood opportunities, and where all Indians can realize their full potential.
- Engage, inform, and inspire those passionate about India by building a trusted bridge and secure channel for philanthropic funding from the United States and other regions across the world, and its effective investment in the most innovative and scalable projects in India.
- Uphold principles of secularism, transparency, and accountability in all of our activities.
Our values serve as a guidepost for our organizational culture within, and a compass for our actions and how we behave in the world.
- Promote inquiry and innovation across all levels of the organization
- Build creative capacity of all stakeholders through openness to new ideas, collaborative problem-solving, cross-functional teamwork, and a multiplicity of perspectives
- Provide equal opportunities to all to contribute to India’s development
- Create a culture of collaboration and teamwork, encouraging information sharing and participatory decision-making
- Value all individuals and their contributions equally without regard to their race, class, caste, gender, ability, sexuality, or career level
- Listen to a diversity of perspectives to promote the most effective approach to collaborative problem-solving
- Practice thoughtfulness, kindness, and empathy with all stakeholders
- Be honest and truthful in all circumstances while addressing conflict and challenges openly
- Uphold the highest ethical standards, including equanimity, transparency and accountability
- Resolve disputes and conflicts of interest proactively and fairly
- Model continuous improvement, striving every day to best meet the changing needs of India’s poor, while maintaining razor-like focus on the AIF mission and values