American India Foundation’s Digital Equalizer programme, utilizes technology to bridge the digital divide in India and transform under resourced schools into dynamic places to teach and learn through collaborative, project-based learning. Amazon India is an existing Donor-partner of American India Foundation for integrated programs comprising of Education, Livelihoods and Health. As part of the global initiatives of Amazon, its flagship program – Amazon Future Engineers® is now being launched in Gurgaon, with a drive to promote CS based education and career choice for budding students. The other initiative as part of this program is to provide free coding lessons through Code.org and an attempt to encourage inclusion of more computer science classes in the curriculum. 127 Schools with more than 60000 students and 500 teachers will be benefited directly through this program over a period of 3 years.
The objectives of the project are:
- Develop scientific temperament and critical thinking by creating an enabling environment for children.
- Create an enabling environment of learning Coding and AI ML through innovative approaches and using technology and collaborated learning.
- Introduce ‘Amazon Future Engineer’ platform and related activities to students and teachers.
- Demonstrate innovations and presenting it in school forums.
- Support career counselling for students who have an acumen and interest for choosing a CS based career.
The coverage of the project are:
This program will cover 127 schools (in a phased manner) across 4 blocks of Gurugram District in Delhi NCR.
For more details check out the site – https://www.amazonfutureengineer.in/